lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] AF_UNIX support

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] AF_UNIX support
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:37:50 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 05:41:46PM +0800, ?? wrote:
> Hi All
>      Is there have a plan to let lwip support AF_UNIX domain? or multiple
> domain can register to socket dynamically.
>      If lwip support AF_UNIX domain, that can completely support of some
> software which need local communication with AF_UNIX socket.
>      So lwip will become very versatile.
>

>      Of course, before compile, AF_UNIX can be configured out from source.

Humm, I don't see why AF_UNIX should be added. This is only useful for
multi processes environment, which small embedded systems don't have,
for obvious reasons, and it requires a filesystem abstraction able to
create other than regular files (i.e. socket files), which are only
available on filesystems which are several magnitude bigger than lwIP.

Or I am wrong ? :)

Sylvain