lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Getting from 1.1 to 1.4

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Getting from 1.1 to 1.4
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 17:18:06 +0200

Hi Kustaa,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 06:07:49PM +0300, Kustaa Nyholm wrote:

> Should we just grab the source code for 1.1 and 1.4 and do
> the diff?
>
> Did not have time to check the version control, is there an
> easy way to grab those version?

You can git clone the Git repository and check all the commits since
lwIP 1.1. Well, this is going to take some time, anyway :-)

In my opinion, this is easier to do a diff of your changes to lwIP 1.1
and try to apply them on lwIP 1.4.  You can then do a Git private branch
from the master stored elsewhere in your company and then try keep your
version in sync with the master branch over the time, so that you don't
have to face up to such a big upgrade step.

Sylvain