lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Getting from 1.1 to 1.4

From: Kustaa Nyholm
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Getting from 1.1 to 1.4
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 09:47:07 +0300

On 11.10.2012 20.00, "Stephane Lesage" <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi,
>I made my own port of LwIP for blackfin a while ago,
>precisely because ADI's port is bad and too customized to be upgraded.
>
>You'll find the link here:
>http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Available_device_drivers
>
>Please keep me posted if you succeed using it.
>
>Best regards.
>
>--
>Stephane Lesage

Thanks, looks like a good match to our requirements, we will
definitely have a look at that if we take the plunge for 1.4
and will certainly report back our experience.

The actual problem we are facing at the moment is that
gradually our stack seems to grow slower (ie if we ping
it the response times grow) and finally the whole thing
crashes or at least stops responding to any TCP/IP
activity, hard to tell as this happens in production
environment without any debugging facility available and
it only happens after a week or two of continuous operation.

Shooting from the hip a knee jerk reaction is that this is
some kind of memory 'leak'.

All ideas on how to debug this (we think we can reproduce
this in the lab given enough time) or spirited guesses are
welcome.

br Kusti