lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Feature request: make socket errors public on a per soc

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Feature request: make socket errors public on a per socket basis
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:55:52 +0100

RAc wrote:
the err member variable stored in struct lwip_sock should be accessible for
evaluation by applications.

It is: call getsockopt(s, SOL_SOCKET, SO_ERROR, ...) to get and clear it at the same time.

The errno mechanism is useless because the error
code is not accessible on a per socket basis.

That doesn't make it useless. You can even override set_errno() to get a thread-specific errno.

I suggest adding the following to sockets.c:

int lwip_getsockerr(int socket)
{
     // add some sanity checks here
     return (get_socket(socket)->err);
}

Our socket API is meant to be an implementation of the standards. Being like that, you should use the method described above.

Simon