lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #38203] DHCP options are not recorded in all DHCP ack

From: Christoffer Lind
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #38203] DHCP options are not recorded in all DHCP ack messages
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 15:43:22 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: 1.4.0

Details:

The code in dhcp_recv() only calls the function dhcp_handle_ack() if the
current state is DHCP_REQUESTING. According to RFC 2131 "4.4 DHCP client
behavior" the client shall record the lease time in state DHCP_REBOOTING,
DHCP_REBINDING and DHCP_RENEWING as well. As far as I understand from the RFC
this applies to all options (not only the lease time) and the options shall be
updated in all 4 states.

Another thing I noticed was that the server_ip_addr is only updated in
dhcp_handle_offer. This should also be updated in dhcp_handle_ack.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38203>

  Meddelandet skickades via/av Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/