lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] LwIP on Atmel ATXMEGA128A1; ENC28J60

From: ajmsc_ixinom
Subject: [lwip-devel] LwIP on Atmel ATXMEGA128A1; ENC28J60
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 11:05:43 +0000

Hi everyone

I'm trying to make LwIP 1.4.1 run on a little Atmel ATXMEGA128A1 board with 8MB DRAM, 128KB program code.  Note that's XMEGA not the older MEGA (both use the AVR 8-bit instruction set but the registers have significant differences).

I'm surprised to see that there appears to be no Atmel ATXMEGA or ATMEGA port in LwIP contrib-1.4.1.zip ?  What microcontrollers do you guys prefer?  Would you be interested in adding my ATXMEGA port to the contrib package, assuming I can get it working?  Or has this already been done? (Searching lwip.wikia.com for "atmel" yields zero results.)

For the ethernet, I have a Microchip ENC28J60 and also a Realtek/RTL chip.  I'm working on the ENC28J60 first.  I have one of these:

http://www.futurlec.com/Mini_Ethernet.shtml

(It simply connects to my Atmel board via SPI.)

So I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the development status of the/a ENC28J60 driver for LwIP?  It's not mentioned on this wiki page:

http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Available_device_drivers

On another website, I found a version of an ENC28J60 driver for LwIP.  It's basically a wrapper around some ENC28J60 driver code written by Pascal Stang, dated 9/22/2005.  I'm wondering if there's a more recent or recommended version.

This ENC28J60 driver for LwIP isn't present in either of the following -- should it be added?

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/contrib-1.4.1.zip

http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/drivers/

Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to LwIP.

Thanks

AJ