lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] LwIP on Atmel ATXMEGA128A1; ENC28J60

From: chrysn
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] LwIP on Atmel ATXMEGA128A1; ENC28J60
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:35:26 +0100

hi aj,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 11:05:43AM +0000, ajmsc_ixinom wrote:
> I'm surprised to see that there appears to be no Atmel ATXMEGA or
> ATMEGA port in LwIP contrib-1.4.1.zip ?  What microcontrollers do you
> guys prefer?  Would you be interested in adding my ATXMEGA port to the
> contrib package, assuming I can get it working?  Or has this already
> been done? (Searching lwip.wikia.com for "atmel" yields zero results.)

there's been an atmega port (even one with enc28j60 support), but it's
not xmega, and i don't remember the url.

personally, i'm using arm chips (energymicro brand efm32).

> For the ethernet, I have a Microchip ENC28J60 and also a Realtek/RTL chip.
> I'm working on the ENC28J60 first.  I have one of these:

i've developed a generic enc28j60 driver with lwip integration and
include-based hardware abstraction. it works with lwip 1.4.1 and
development head to the best of my knowledge.

if you want to use lwip, you'll have to do the generic stuff (assert
implementation, clock) like mch.c, mch_main.c (as in the wiki), and for
the enc28j60 driver, you'd have to implement those functions:

void enchw_setup(enchw_device_t *dev);
void enchw_select(enchw_device_t *dev);
void enchw_unselect(enchw_device_t *dev);
uint8_t enchw_exchangebyte(enchw_device_t *dev, uint8_t byte);

the efm32 directory of the driver contains the implementation for my arm
chips, the only non-trivial thing you'd have to take care of is proper
timings / clock speed.

> This ENC28J60 driver for LwIP isn't present in either of the following --
> should it be added?
>
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/contrib-1.4.1.zip
>
> http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/lwip/drivers/

i'd pass that on to the rest of the list -- should mine be?

best regards
chrysn

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom