lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Issue related to Tcp Server max connections

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Issue related to Tcp Server max connections
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:55:29 -0400

>> roughly around 200 ms delay is between two HTTP send.

>From the capture, the delays are the PC responding, and until the PC
responds, the HTTP does not send.  192.168.0.2 (lwIP) is responding very
quickly (typically 6 or 7 ms), then 192.168.0.3 (PC) waits until 200ms
have elapsed since its last send.  200ms is a "smoking gun" for Nagle
Delay on Windows.  Update the Registry on the PC as per previous email,
and restart it.  The delays will almost certainly go away.

Nagle Delay was put in for the sake of telnet, but persists and affects
everything.  Google TCPNoDelay and TcpAckFrequency, but please, get them
into your registry as recommended.

Note: For Mason's sake, I have stop using "nagling".  :-)

Marty