lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip1.4.0 "netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as ETHARP

From: shenhuan
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip1.4.0 "netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:51:10 +0800

于 2013/10/10 0:20, Grant Erickson 写道:
On Oct 9, 2013, at 9:00 AM, address@hidden wrote:
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 09:33:15 +0800
From: shenhuan <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Subject: [lwip-devel] lwip1.4.0 "netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as
        ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed

Hi Everyone!

Now I use lwip(1.4.0) on Micorblaze(Spartan6) platform,and use network
device DM9000BI as network interface.
Lwip run with uCOS-II(2.9.0).
When I test the speed(TCP/IP) of this system, after a moment past,
assertion happen =><"netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as
ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed at line 1148 in
../src/LWIP/src/netif/etharp.c>.
Test mode => Continue send data packet from PC to my platform

Is this the bug of 1.4.0 of LWIP core???

Someone know something about it,please help me...

Thanks

Pofeng

------------------------------
        same as ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for etharp!" failed

Application code (i.e., your driver) is responsible for setting hwaddr_len.
Check that it is.

Now I use lwip(1.4.0) on Micorblaze(Spartan6) platform,and use network
device DM9000BI as network interface.
Lwip run with uCOS-II(2.9.0).
When I test the speed(TCP/IP) of this system, after a moment past, assertion
happen =><"netif->hwaddr_len must be the same as ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN for
etharp!" failed at line 1148 in ../src/LWIP/src/netif/etharp.c>.
Test mode => Continue send data packet from PC to my platform

Is this the bug of 1.4.0 of LWIP core???

Someone know something about it,please help me...

Thanks

Pofeng
Shenhuan:

As Bill indicated, it is up to drivers to initialize this value. However, you
may be interested in the following patches if your length is not 6:

        https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38748

Best,

Grant

Hi Grant,Bill:

Thanks for your reply.
As you indicated, I find that in my driver file(ethernetif.c) function:low_level_init(struct netif *netif) has initialized like this=>
"netif->hwaddr_len = 6;"
And in etharp.h file about ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN define like this=>
#ifndef ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN
#define ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN 6
#endif

Theoretically assert (netif->hwaddr_len == ETHARP_HWADDR_LEN) must be correct......
I'm baffled!!!!

Pofeng