lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] possible issue in sockets.c

From: Mason
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] possible issue in sockets.c
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2014 11:04:42 +0100

Simon Goldschmidt wrote:

> Sylvain Rochet wrote:
>
>> Considering the lack of documentation on this point, meaning there
>> is a lot of system and ports in the wild with a critical section
>> implementation without this requirement taken into consideration,
>> I consider following the Albert proposal to be the best we can do.
>
> The reason I'm so hesitant is that we once had a bug around these
> lines which went unnoticed for some time and I don't want to revert
> to what we had before the fix. Could someone please create a bug
> entry so that this doesn't get forgotten? We should dig up the old
> bug to compare what was the problem there and what the fix was.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/log/src/api/sockets.c

The "Don't call SYS_ARCH_UNPROTECT() before signaling the semaphore,
as this might lead to the select thread taking itself off the list,
invalidagin the semaphore." comment was added by this commit:

Fixed bug #31741: lwip_select seems to have threading problems
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lwip.git/commit/src/api/sockets.c?id=03be8f88feff9ded26d14bf893497764f79fcd2b

which was a fix for this bug:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?31741

--