lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Please release early, release often

From: Philip Gladstone
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Please release early, release often
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 16:43:13 -0500

On 3/3/14, 2:01 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
Patrik Karisch wrote:

I know this may be annoying, but it's also annoying to stay over 15
months without a new version.
And it mint be annoying, too, for those waiting for a release, but lwIP
currently simply does not seem to have enough active developers to support the
code. And while new members are welcome, adding them to the developer team
really only makes sense when they really know lwIP and have proven so.

As I already said, some of the excellent patches in the bug tracker make it
much more easy to fix things, so please keep that up, everyone!
I'm using the main trunk (as I need IPv6) and it works pretty well! I have submitted patches for the rough edges that I have found -- and this is the way that we make progress.

Give the trunk a whirl and see if it is good enough for you.

Philip