lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Approach for platform specific debugging hookups

From: Arjuna S
Subject: [lwip-devel] Approach for platform specific debugging hookups
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 13:53:18 -0700

Hello,

I'm new to the list here so please forgive any lapses in etiquette.

In my local branch of LwIP, I have a few functions that I've added to help track down pbuf and memp leaks around the modules for my project. Some of this stuff relies on functions that can pretty-print an arbitrary buffer to the console and dump the call stack of the current thread to the console. More explicitly:

/** print a provided buffer to standard output/console
 * @param buffer The buffer to print
 * @param length The amount of bytes to print */
void debug_platform_print_buffer(const void * buffer, size_t length);

/** print the call stack to standard output/console */
void debug_platform_print_backtrace(void);

Right now I have it implemented similar to how the sys_* functions are declared in debug.h (instead of sys.h for sys_* functions) and implemented in some platform specific files.

I'm planning to upstream this functional at some point in the future once it's been prettied up. What would be the preferred approach for doing this?

Thanks,
--
-- Arjuna