lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #42633] Write many frames at high speed to a PC stops

From: Bart Houkes
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #42633] Write many frames at high speed to a PC stops communication random.
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 15:58:18 +0000

I'm not using SYS_LIGHTWEIGHT_PROT, but instead I use a semaphore in following
functions:
sys_prot_t sys_arch_protect(void);
void sys_arch_unprotect(sys_prot_t pval);

I use pbuf_alloc only when I use RAW TCP api, with netconn this is hidden.
However, both RAW API and NETCONN have the problem for fast transmissions.

Also I investigated the LAN9311 with extra statistics. It seems I can never
get this chip full. Transmission of Ethernet is faster than my program.

When this problem happens, it is always the PC didn't ACK several frames and
LWIP has the full window used and is resending the first message in the
waiting list.. and that is never acknowledged by the PC anymore.

I wonder if the ACK from the receiver(PC) has a collision with the next frame
from LWIP. Because sometimes at this hang, there is also a frame missing sent
by LWIP.

I'll post when I know more.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?42633>

  Message sent via/by Savannah