lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #42633] Write many frames at high speed to a PCsto

From: Pomeroy, Marty
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [bug #42633] Write many frames at high speed to a PCstops communication random.
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 07:36:56 -0400

>> I strongly suspect LWIP, what else can this be?
Well, since lwIP is being used aggressively by many systems, that's NOT
a good place to start.

>> the PC does not react anymore, although I think it should send an
ACK.
This is where to focus!  You have to figure out why the PC is not
reacting.  lwIP appears to be doing the right thing by re-sending.  Is
there something wrong with the frame?  Did something shut down the
connection because of some other error?  Did the LAN9311 send a flow
control message to stop sending?  Is the CRC right?  Focus first on why
the PC has gone silent.

>> I am not using DMA.  It is a LAN9311 driver, which I read directly
from C-code.
Looking up LAN9311, this appears to be a 2 port switching chip with its
own embedded forwarding support and a host interface.  So do you read
and write that chip across the 16 bit interface?  Microchip advertises
that as a pretty powerful little subsystem - plenty of room for bugs in
there...  I'm just sayin'.

>> I have tried this in Windows, Linux, Telnet and others...
BTW - How did Telnet make this list?