lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8560] DHCP is not notified of link down events, adm

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8560] DHCP is not notified of link down events, admin status remains "up"
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 21:14:22 +0000

Follow-up Comment #3, patch #8560 (project lwip):

Oh, don't bother the comment. If it's wrong, it can be easily changed :-)

The way I see it, what you want is to set the 'admin' status down when the
link is dropped and DHCP is active.

What I still don't know is why you need it.

As a side remark: I'm not at all happy with DHCP setting the admin state to
down. I'd rather make it set the interface address to zero and then let other
parts of lwIP check for a valid address configuration before sending instead
of only checking the 'up' flag. This would allow to make the 'up' flag a real
'admin' status (i.e. dhcp_start on a disabled netif wouldn't enable it).
That's the reason I don't want to go into the 'wrong' direction with this
patch and set the 'admin' state to disabled while the cable is unplugged.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8560>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/