lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] netif->flags: u8_t -> u16_t ?

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] netif->flags: u8_t -> u16_t ?
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 10:55:08 -0700

Hi LwIP Developers,

I'm trying to do some further work on IPv6.

I'm finding that all 8 flags in the NETIF interface are taken. I'd have to expand the flags field to 16 bit.

Should I do it conditionally (i.e. #if LWIP_IPV6 -> u16_t flags;), or do we think it's time to increase the size of this field for all configurations?

I know this came up a year or two ago and we needed room for some other flags too. Anyone recall this?

Cheers
Ivan