lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #13455] Extend neighbhor discovery ti support 6LoWPAN

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #13455] Extend neighbhor discovery ti support 6LoWPAN better.
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 16:16:24 +0000

FYI I'm starting work on adding 6LowPAN support.

At the moment it is implemented as a netif.

I don't know if ND is a layer 3 protocol that is layer-2-aware, or viceversa.
In practice, at least for LwIP, it is a mixed layer protocol.

I think that we need to follow a similar approach with 6LowPAN.

So far I've been able to run it with ND module as is, although I agree that
some API to work with the router list would be beneficial. Integration of
prefixes might require some hacking initially, especially as AFAIK there is no
standard to assign prefixes for header compression. It seems to be ad hoc.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13455>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/