lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #38061] wrong multicast routing in IPv4

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #38061] wrong multicast routing in IPv4
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 20:01:53 +0000

Update of bug #38061 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #1:

> Firstly, first comment is wrong about IPv4

Correct. Fixed by moving into the IPv6 case.

> Secondly, pcb->multicast_ip is set only in lwip_setsockopt() and it's value
is always zero in my case.

Well, why not set it? There is now a proper function to set it without
manipulating udp pcb internals: 'udp_set_multicast_netif_addr()'.

> Thirdly, even if pcb->multicast_ip was set to correct address, ip_route
(IPv4) can't find correct netif based on multicast address only.

Yes it does. 'multicast_ip' is not a multicast IP address but the (local)
address of a netif to use for sending multicasts. See 'IP_MULTICAST_IF' on
google. I admit the name of that variable is a bit misleading. But the new
function name better explains this.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38061>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/