lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.0 coming nearer

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] 1.5.0 coming nearer
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 20:28:57 +0100

Sylvain Rochet wrote:
> For my "part", I even did more from what I previously planned to do

Your "part" in this is really great, too! I'm very happy to have an active maintainer for PPP :-)

> so I guess I am more than ready for a release

Well, from my point of view, there are a few things to get right before a release.

I'd like to do all breaking changes required for IPv6 with 1.5.0, so we might need to get the address handling sorted out (the thing you already stumbled upon, too...). We don't necessarily have to present a bugless IPv6 implementation in the first shot, but I wouldn't want to add "proper" address handling in 1.5.1...

Speaking of it, how do we get this done? Shall we just start with an extra u8_t 'flags' in ipX_addr_t (ideally at the end of the structure) that includes a version flag/field and room for some bits of IPv6 addres scope?

Simon