lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 23:06:40 +0000

Hello Ivan,

I agree this is error prone. I didn't want to add a pointer to the netif
structure and used the previously unused netif input pointer on PPP. I know I
am using it "reversed".

I consider this input pointer a mistake, it is not used in the lwIP stack at
all before this code was added, the user should in my opinion call
tcpip_input() and not netif->input() the user set itself to tcpip_input(),
this is not what a callback is meant to be :-)   (But now that I am using it,
it's not a mistake anymore, eh! eh!)

Good catch, (note the FIXME, I had concern about SLIP ;-), I just expected no
SLIP user would actually use the input pointer, I was erm. plain wrong.

Anyway, yep!, the "&& (msg->msg.inp.netif->input != tcpip_input) " is a
perfectly fine workaround for me, go ahead ! :)

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44565>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/