lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 16:33:45 +0000

Sorry for not taking part earlier, but in my opinion, misusing the input
callback here is the bug, not breaking SLIP.

We can argue to omit the input pointer, but making it mandatory for PPP(oS)
and at the same time saying we should omit it for the rest sounds strange.

Can't PPP find a different way of feeding packets into itself? Using the
tcpip_input way here looks wrong.

Plus: we just removed the Point-To-Point flag from netif.h, but this sounds
like we could still need it.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44565>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/