lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:11:37 +0000

Hello Simon,

> Ehrm, I'd rather revert the part where the input callback is used for
something it's not meant to.

I'm not sure you understand the problem behind PPP_INPROC_MULTITHREADED even
though I did very detailed commits log and documentation about what is wrong
about it :)

My first fix using a mutex was a way to fix it but you were right about users
using it in interrupt context :-)

> How has this been solved before, anyway?

It was not solved at all, this is actually the fix. We were all using the
non-thread safe function pppos_input() even if PPP_INPROC_MULTITHREADED is
set, there is probably a lot of devices in the wild using this non thread safe
way, especially because it was documented as being thread safe, Oops :(

Sylvain

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44565>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/