lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #44565] PPPOS support in tcpip thread breaks SLIP
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:25:40 +0000

> I'm not sure you understand the problem behind PPP_INPROC_MULTITHREADED

Well, I'm sure do, even though I have followed that only partly.

And even if I would have preferred to keep the unescaping and packet deframing
in interrupt context, without having to switch into tcpip_thread for every
byte (it was valid to call pppos_input for each byte), I accept that it's
possibly easier this way to get it thread safe.

However, when asking how this was previously solved, I was rather thinking
about how did the old version get into tcpip_thread. And looking at the old
sources, it used 'tcpip_callback', not 'tcpip_input'. Now I'm just curious why
this has been changed, even if the change interferes with other modules.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?44565>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/