lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] Questions about timers.c and sys_timeout/sys_untimeout

From: Arjuna S
Subject: [lwip-devel] Questions about timers.c and sys_timeout/sys_untimeout
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 15:59:11 +0000

Hello,

I've been digging through some code in our FreeRTOS+LwIP-based platform where I see some of our code sitting above LwIP, running on its own thread, using LwIP timers for its own purposes.

Looking at timers.c, I see no locks being taken in any access to the global timer list, so I suspect that timers.c is strictly for internal LwIP use, or at least from the context of the LwIP thread.

There's a bit of a long story behind why native FreeRTOS timers aren't being used the code in question so I'm writing to primarily confirm the intent of LwIP timers.

Thanks,