lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #45555] Loopif needs to set link up

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #45555] Loopif needs to set link up
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 16:22:58 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
         Planned Release:
            lwIP version: git head

Details:

When LWIP_HAVE_LOOPIF is enabled, I can't send any datagrams on it because the
link state is down.  ip4_route fails to select the loopback netif and returns
the default netif instead.  The default netif isn't on the same network
segment as loopback address, so the datagram gets dropped

Historically, the loopback netif hasn't set the link state to up, but now that
ip4_route and ip6_route are checking for link state (bug #43904 - ip_route()
and ip6_route() must detect linkup status) we need to set the link state to
up

I have attached a patch that sets the link state in netif_init()

File Attachments:

Date: Wed 15 Jul 2015 04:22:57 PM GMT  Name:
0001-Set-link-up-on-loopback-interface.patch  Size: 892B   By: jcunningham

<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/download.php?file_id=34449>

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?45555>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/