lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] SO_REUSEPORT removed on master branch

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] SO_REUSEPORT removed on master branch
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 18:42:09 +0000 (GMT)

I've been upgrading my products to use LwIP master and have come across a change that was introduced in commit 5d2e93e5f0a7e85ecf96d76950c5ee02aceecc89 (fixed bug #40788 "lwip_setsockopt_internal() crashes" by rewriting set/getsockopt...)

It looks like during re-arranging of the set/getsockopt functionality, support for SO_REUSEPORT was removed from the case statements.

I'm building with SO_REUSE enabled and my application has the following code that is failing:

#if defined(SO_REUSEPORT)
err = setsockopt(*sktPtr, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEPORT, &kOn, sizeof(kOn));
#elif defined(SO_REUSEADDR)
err = setsockopt(*sktPtr, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR, &kOn, sizeof(kOn));
#end

My question is, was it intentional to remove SO_REUSEPORT? If so, maybe we should remove the define for SO_REUSEPORT as well

Thanks,

Joel