lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip_unittests crash

From: Gisle Vanem
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip_unittests crash
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 12:04:24 +0200

address@hidden wrote:

Well, if you have a better idea how to write a unit test that is still readable
while reacting correctly on *all*
possible combinations of options in lwipopts.h, go ahead!

It never occurred to me to use a different "lwipopts.h" than
the rest of lwIP was built with. The Wiki doesn't seems to mention
this either. I'll try to fix my makefiles to adopt to this.

So in my case, the crash at traversing the 'netif_list' was
caused by a 'struct netif' with a wrong layout. If it had
been an opaque pointer, it could be prevented. But I guess
that is too much too ask for.

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that lwIP is of no value to me.
On the contrary I think it's great to have an alternative besides
Winsock2 to experiment with.

--
--gv