lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13748] Move supported apps to 'src/apps'

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] [task #13748] Move supported apps to 'src/apps'
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 14:59:54 -0300

Hi, some suggestions from a user's perspective

> Details:
>
> - snmp
> - httpd (raw)
> - sntp
> - others?

There is a patch to netio that turns it into a full usable app (maybe
two patches, I can only respond for one of them).

BTW, netbios has provisions for a case independent string comparison
function, and some patch to httpserver_raw on that subject was going
around some time ago... both could use the same function on a portable
module instead of each one reinventing the other. In fact, many apps
would use this.

SMTP is excellent code (I know it was you, Simon ;^)=)

> That way, every app could have its own config file instead of bloating opt.h.

Yes, please, I rolled my own config file for my fork of httpdserver_raw,
and it wasn't straightforward.
As (a sort of) an educator, I need different configurations to show
simple stuff on complex scenarios without visual polution, and this will
gladly help (as I see it).

Regards