lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8755] Multicast DNS responder support

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8755] Multicast DNS responder support
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 12:28:36 +0000

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #8755 (project lwip):

>  I will soon add timer functions and netif change callbacks.

Using timers is OK for an app. What do you mean by netif change callbacks?

About the resolve integration: I saw that some PC browsers automatically try
to resolve any hostname via mdns if other ways fail, but such integration
might indeed not be necessary for lwip.

> I think it is needed for a switch to forward the multicast data.

That depends on the switch. Cheap switches handle all group addresses like
broadcasts.

>  I don't think the membership query is used normally though,
> so maybe just a subset of it is required.

That might be worth an option...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8755>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/