lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #47092] Tag memory buffers like memp_memory_xxx and ra

From: David Fernandez
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #47092] Tag memory buffers like memp_memory_xxx and ram_heap with a macro so that attributes can be attached to teir definitions
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 12:02:05 +0000

Sorrr fro the late reply, Google decided to put this in the spam folder.

> Is a #define like this:
>
> #define LWIP_MEMPOOL_DECLARE(name,num,size,desc) u8_t memp_memory_ ## name
## _base
> [((num) * (MEMP_SIZE + MEMP_ALIGN_SIZE(size)))] LWIP_MEMPOOL_ATTRIBUTES;
>
> sufficient for your needs?

I need to be able to apply the attributes to existing standard pools, that are
considered private... I think what you offer works only for new additional
pools.

As you can see, I'm doing a bit of a trick in memp_extra.h (see the end of the
"original submission"), passing -includememp_extra.h as a gcc option when
compiling lwIP, to achieve that, but lwIP should provide a proper way to do
that.

Similarly for ram_heap.

Not sure what is not clear from my comments. All I'm asking is to have a
mechanism, simila to the macros PACK_STRUCT_BEGIN/END to apply attributes
about sections to things like memp_memory_xxx and ram_heap.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?47092>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/