lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #46506] nd6_new_router() should check if router exists

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #46506] nd6_new_router() should check if router exists in router list first
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 13:58:57 +0000

Update of bug #46506 (project lwip):

                Severity:              3 - Normal => 1 - Wish
              Item Group:        Faulty Behaviour => Change Request

Follow-up Comment #1:

Well, strictly spoken, what you are doing is not supported by lwIP (having 2
netifs in the same subnet). In the past, we have not added code that was only
needed for this case (and you should not have a problem in the
'one-netif-per-net' case).

But then again, if there is a simple way to allow this, I'm not opposed to do
it.

The problem I see is that for TX packets, you would use the netif where you
find the router first, which is rather random. So your problem might seem to
be fixed, but you still don't have a decent implementation of multiple netifs
on the same net.

Before trying to fix anything, I'd first like to know how you'd fix the
rest...

PS: your fix is incorrect, by the way. You'd have to first iterate the whole
router array before starting the "Look for empty entry" loop.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?46506>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/