lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #46887] The issue about gethostbyname() function

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #46887] The issue about gethostbyname() function
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2016 20:30:25 +0000

Update of bug #46887 (project lwip):

             Assigned to:                    None => goldsimon

Follow-up Comment #2:

What are the attached .rar files for? I was really too lazy to hceck them.

Anyway, the problem comes from checking for valid servers only in the
asynchronous path (where it is OK to call the found callback if no server is
left). In the synchronous path, I have changed the code to return an error if
no server is set, which should eliminate the only possibility to call the
'found' callback in direct call stack of 'dns_gethostbyname', so thi should be
fixed.

Thank for reporting, and thanks for the detailed report, which made it really
easy to reproduce the bug!

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?46887>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/