lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] PolarSSL -> mbed TLS

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] PolarSSL -> mbed TLS
Date: Sun, 8 May 2016 22:13:09 +0200

Hi Simon,

On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 08:28:58PM +0100, Sg wrote:

> Thank you for the hint on the licenses. I wouldn't want to include the mbed
> sources, only provide a way of somehow using them so that the actual work of
> combining them is done by the user (or a distributor). We wouldn't want to
> keep a copy of these files updated in our repository...

I fully agree.

> We do have the old polarssl files because they are harder to get (and given
> the license break, they don't change), but getting an up-to-date copy mbed
> TLS should not be too hard.

True, but that's not the only reason, pppd is also shipped with embedded
copies of various hashes function, PolarSSL ones were just more suited
for embedded devices and this is why I used them ;-)

> Ideally our sources should compile with both versions.

Done. I highly doubt anyone is going to use the option and it will
probably bitrot over time, but it's there.

Sylvain