lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #8994] dhcp: add support for vendor specific options

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #8994] dhcp: add support for vendor specific options 43 and 60
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 10:33:31 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #6, patch #8994 (project lwip):

> Yes, there is no retry and it will be lost.

So the only real fix would be to statically allocate a maximum-sized buffer, I
guess...

> So, this is just my egoistic need to have one field for both.

Hmm, that's not a good reason to do it in lwIP. The problem is that a) you
reserve the buffer for all netifseven if not used (also the loopback netif or
PPP) and b) you need the buffer for every netif, even if you probably request
the same vendor id on all netifs

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?8994>

  Nachricht gesendet von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/