lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9038] SNMP Traps with varbinds

From: Marco Veeneman
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9038] SNMP Traps with varbinds
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 13:23:18 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #2, patch #9038 (project lwip):

Strange, i will check what's wrong.

I already thought pbuf_stream should be kept private so i have to find another
way to do this. I'm not sure just an array of oids will work (for me). I
imagine that array of oids can be used to search in the tree to get the
corresponding type, value and value length. That will work for static data,
but might not work for frequently changing values.

For example: at some moment, a measurement value is getting above a threshold
value and a trap should be sent with that measurement value attached to some
oid. Using above method to get the value the condition causing the trap may
already be gone and an incorrect value will be attached to the trap.

Maybe an array of varbinds (which will be filled manually) might work, but the
snmp_varbind structure is also private.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9038>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/