lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9041] ipaddr_aton: Accept URI-style termination

From: chrysn
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9041] ipaddr_aton: Accept URI-style termination
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 12:13:52 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #9041 (project lwip):

Alright, if this is used to validate input and the whitespace acceptance is
part of the spec, the behavior I'd like to see is obviously not that easy to
enable.

To explore other ways in which I could parse a URI into an address structure
without copying data around: Would an additional function family (6/4/any)
like ipaddr_aton be welcome in lwIP that would accept a string with explicit
length? Or would that be too niche, and I should rather copy around (either
addresses in memory to terminte them, or code to have a custom ipaddr_aton)
for libcoap?

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9041>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/