lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] ARP Table limited to 127 (s8_t)?

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: [lwip-devel] ARP Table limited to 127 (s8_t)?
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 12:19:00 +0000

Hey all,

I was wondering if there is a reason for ARP_TABLE_SIZE to be limited to s8_t
instead of u8_t?
We would need an ARP_TABLE_SIZE of at least 192 and would have to modify the
stack for that. (LWIP 1.4.1)

I can see some tricks where the s8_t is used as a return value in some
functions and thus indicates an error when negative.
But is there any showstopper reason to not pump it up to an u8_t?

cheers,
Fabian