lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Missing things for SNMPv3

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Missing things for SNMPv3
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 13:03:05 +0200

Hello Marco,

the work was initially started by Elias Önal. Unfortunately, I never heard of him again.

The current state is that encryption and authentication do work. The agent implements the User-based security model, RFC 3414.

What is missing (what I currently remember, there may be more when carefully reading the RFC) is the implementation of the USM MIB and support for engine time sync (snmpEngineTime) when a client initially contacts the agent. ​I'd guess an experienced developer would need less than one week to implement this.​

​Don't forget the work involved on the application layer, NV storage for snmpEngineBoots and user/password management.​

Dirk

--
Dirk Ziegelmeier * address@hidden * http://www.ziegelmeier.net