lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] lwip 2.0.0 release estimated time?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] lwip 2.0.0 release estimated time?
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 13:27:35 +0200

Lauri Piikivi wrote:
> I have followed with interest this 2.0.0 development. Is there an estimate
> when it is release ready?

It should be in the next days or weeks... Unfortunately, time on lwip cannot be
really planned at the moment :-(

> What is the gate for release?

See "planned release" in the bug/task/patch tracker. Currently, bugs #48728 and
#48730 are the release gates.
These are code/structuring cleanups only. The mdns responder and other minor
improvements
only got in because they are either new features or minor internal changes.

In addition, we're delaying to get user feedback based on the betas. But it
seems pretty stable right now :-)

> Is there some test specification that is used to test all the builds ?

We have fuzz tests (in contrib/ports/unix/fuzz), some unit tests (in
src/test/unit) and a build server
(https://travis-ci.org/yarrick/lwip-merged). What's still missing yet is an
automated compile check of
various option combinations.

> Is there any comparison data on the performance and memory consumption of v2
> compared to v1.4 for example?

I'm afraid I don't know of any, yet. If you have any, feel free to post them on
lwip-users or on the wiki.

Simon