lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Missing things for SNMPv3

From: Marco Veeneman
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Missing things for SNMPv3
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 08:37:48 +0000

Hello Dirk,

Thank you for your answer. I will see if i can continue on this.

I gave the SNMPv3 agent a try and for me it's only working partially.

The following options from Net-SNMP are working correct: noAuthNoPriv and authNoPriv, but authPriv it is not always giving me a response.

Stepping trough the code resulted in entering the following code branch in snmpv3_crypt, called from snmp_complete_outbound_frame():

    /* RFC 3414 mandates padding for DES */
    if ((length & 0x07) != 0) {
      return ERR_ARG;
    }

So, for some reason the padding is not correct when generating a response.

Marco