lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #48825] lowpan6: source PAN ID is skipped without chec

From: Martine Lenders
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #48825] lowpan6: source PAN ID is skipped without checking PAN ID compression flag
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2016 21:17:43 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, sorry for not replying! I was a little bit swamped in other work.

> We have at least 2 bugs open for the 6lowpan netif (which is still very
experimental). Does this mean the rest works (e.g. against RIOT or uIP)?

That's the main reason I did not reply, because at the moment I did not find
the time to confirm this. Last time I tried I basically hit the bug reported
here and did not bother to test further. Let me come back to you in a few days
about that.

> Unfortunately, I have no working counterpart to test 6lowpan. Is there some
kind of debug environment available where I can simulate a 6lowpan environment
e.g. on a PC?

You could use RIOT's native port for that e.g. I did not test it yet (and you
need a very up-to-date Linux kernel for this), but Alexander Aring who did the
6Lo port for Linux provided a simulated 802.15.4 device for RIOT [1].

Alternatively, testing and debugging on the FIT/IoT-LAB testbed [2] works
quite smoothly (you need to register an account though, but for a member of a
FOSS project this shouldn't be a problem to my experience).

> BTW/OT: congrats to your c't article ;-)

Thanks! Though I had nothing to do with that I will carry that to the people
who do :-).

[2] https://www.iot-lab.info/

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?48825>

  Message sent via/by Savannah