lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Netconn events?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Netconn events?
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 21:38:55 +0200

Joel Cunningham wrote:
+1 on throwing away netconn and having cleaner socket implementation :)

:-) I had that idea long time ago, but haven't found the time to do it so far...

If I'm not mistaken, netconn was the original top level API and sockets were bolted on later. Does anyone know/remember the details?

I think it was like that, yes. However, I have missed the first years of community development of lwIP, so I can't tell for sure... However, the question is can we safely get rid of the netconn API, or could it coexist with an improved socket API for some time.

Simon