lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #49631] Zero window and refused data problem

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #49631] Zero window and refused data problem
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2016 13:28:54 +0000 (UTC)

> Maybe another way to fix this issue would be to not accept
> data when the advertised window is closed rcv_ann_wnd == 0

I don't know if that wlone would help: we could have refused_data in that
case, too, as that is independent of the announced window (application can't
accept data).

Back to removing refused_data:
My theory was that if we rewrote the incoming data handling to first deliver
the incoming segment and only ACK the data if the application accepted it,
this would behave like segment loss due to congestion (in fact, we have some
kind of congestion: not on the wire, but in the consuming application).

Of course, we would still have to respond to zero window probes (if our window
actually is zero; real or announced) and to segments not containing data.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?49631>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/