lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9021] nd6: add support for RDNSS option as per RFC

From: Jan Breuer
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9021] nd6: add support for RDNSS option as per RFC 6106
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 09:36:54 +0000 (UTC)

Follow-up Comment #4, patch #9021 (project lwip):

It still sounds better to me to put everything in dns.c so we have only one
list of DNS servers.

We can add pointer to netif to the DNS item struct.
If the interface goes down, it can easily iterate over all DNS records and
delete only records from that interface.

nd6_tmr can still iterate over the list of DNS records and if there is any
with expired lifetime, it can send RS.

There is also no need to have so long list of DNS server records. You can just
follow the rule "last wins" and you can live with e.g. two records. 10 records
is overkill. Also ND6 and DHCPv6 can tell you same DNS servers.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9021>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/