lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [patch #9169] Allows multicast packets through udp input la

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [patch #9169] Allows multicast packets through udp input layer
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 20:38:09 -0000

Follow-up Comment #5, patch #9169 (project lwip):

To you both: it would have been better to keep the discussion about patch
#9165 there, these long off-topic posts confuse me ;-)

As to the multicast traffic:

You (OP) mix up remote address with local address. udp_connect() tells the
stack something about the remote address. This is the SRC in incoming packets.
You compare it against DST of these packets but only for multicast IPs. That
does not make sense at all!

That being said, I would have thought you
a) bind to the multicast IP and
b) use setsockopt(IP_MULTICAST_IF) to select a netif to bind to if you have
more than one

Bug #49662 (which is fairly new) suggests this doesn't work, but if that's
true, we'll fix it ;-)

In the end, we don't want to reinvent the wheel with lwIP, just make it more
lightweight ;-)

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?9169>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/