lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [bug #47485] tcp_close() should not fail on memory error

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [bug #47485] tcp_close() should not fail on memory error
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2016 21:25:39 +0000 (UTC)

Update of bug #47485 (project lwip):

                Category:         sockets/netconn => TCP
memory error => tcp_close() should not fail on memory error

Follow-up Comment #3:

The problem I still see here is that tcp_send_fin() can fail in
tcp_enqueue_flags() due to segment/pbuf allocation failure.

For the rest of the stack (as well as for raw API applications), it would be
easier if this failure would lead to retrying FIN instead of returning an
error. If we could ensure FIN was enqueued at some time, tcp_close() could
just return ERR_OK, which would greatly help to fix this bug.

--> changed summary & category to reflect that this is a tcp core issue

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?47485>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/