lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes

From: Dirk Ziegelmeier
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 19:18:05 +0000 (UTC)

I don't think removing scopes are worth another #ifdef mess. It shouldn't be
that much memory overhead.
Simon has created a task "single-netif mode" some time ago - it could be one
of these things that is removed in that case (like all routing code etc.).
This optimization makes much more sense because it targets towards a global
optimization of lwIP to the single-netif use-case, which I guess are most of
the applications.

When you add the scope ID member AFTER the IP address, then struct ip_addr
won't increase in size (at least in dual-stack mode) since the scope member
and u8_t type fit into one u32_t alignment.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13106>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/