lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Bypassing checksums

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Bypassing checksums
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:53:03 +0100

Gisle Vanem wrote:
Without modifying the NIC-driver to NOT use this checksum
off-loading feature, is there a better way for my lwip test-app
to accept packets from my local machine?

Is there was a way to accept wrong checksums from a certain
source IP only? That would be perfect.

No, with lwIP there are currently only those two options (make Windows calculate the checksum in SW or disable all checksum verifications in lwIP). A "cleaner" fix for this would be an RX filter in the win32/pcap netif fixing the checksums for loopback packets, since code to cover this doesn't really fit into the core code files...

Simon