lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes

From: Joel Cunningham
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #13106] Add IPv6 scopes
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:56:01 +0000 (UTC)

If there's interest, I have some patches that implement if_index_toname,
if_name_toindex, if_nameindex, and if_freenameindex that I can post to the
tracker

I was working on these awhile back because my port has some other public
custom netif getter/setter APIs that take name and return IP address, gateway,
if up/down status, etc and figuring out the all the names and indexes was
useful.  I ended up running into some problems with caused by my port's usage
of netif->num and I had to shelve the work.

Given that there was no upstream APIs to pass index or name into once
retrieved, I wasn't sure the APIs had value outside my use case, but If we are
wanting to get the scope ID (which is the same as interface index?) based on
the name, then maybe the APIs have a use case and I can dust off my patches

I was writing the implementation according to RFC 3493: Basic Socket Interface
Extensions for IPv6

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?13106>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/