lwip-devel

[lwip-devel] [task #14314] Implement interface name/index APIs

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: [lwip-devel] [task #14314] Implement interface name/index APIs
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:11:00 +0000 (UTC)

Sylvain,

good catch on PPP uniqueness. I'm with you that we should support systems
adding/removing netifs at runtime (just like PPP does). I've always wondered
how that could have worked, but netif->num just hasn't been used by the stack
so far (it just existed as a struct netif member to be accessed by foreign
code).

I'm not convinced this should be in the netif's init callback, although
overriding it for speed might be necessary for some setups (are there setups
with more than 256 netifs?). However, in that case the linked list of netifs
becomes a slowdown factor in other parts of the code that are executed more
often (e.g. routing on TX)...

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?14314>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/